Just like any other email address, .EDU Maill is also an email address. The .EDU Mail address has an extension “.edu.” This is the format of the Edu email address “[email protected]_name.edu.” The .EDU Mail is similar to other email addresses like Gmail, Hotmail, etc. and you can’t change your .Edu Email Address name after it is created. So, you should be careful while choosing your email.
Why you receive this email from the institutes is because the students now can receive all the official emails from college administration, professors, dean, and regarding educational institution’s activities. Not only the students, but some universities also provide .edu email to their workers so they can take advantage of it.
What is the .EDU Email Address?
Edu email address is an email address provided by college, and school to their students and employees. When you get admitted into a university or college, they provide you a .edu email address for free.
Benefits Of .EDU Email Address
- GitHub Student Developer Pack. The Biggest Benefit of Having a .EDU Mail
- Amazon Student Pack. [6 Month free Prime Account]
- 50 % Discount on Spotify Premium Plan
- Last premiumfor 6 Months
- Save $200 on Apple Computers
- Microsoft Office 365 subscription for Free
- Discount on Dell Products
Things you should know: I STRONGLY recommend using a VPN for the process, you can use a free one but the best VPNs are paid.
Best free VPN: Tunnelbear and Windscribe, both of them are pretty good.
Best paid VPN: ExpressVPN, VyprVPN, Windscribe Pro and NordVPN.
Note: If you want to understand the other methods you will have to understand the first method.
Before we start with the method, make sure that you’re connected to a VPN.
Step 1: Creating an account
A. Personal Information
If you want to change the password of the email save your date of birth and SSN in a file!
- Go to this link and click on “Create an account”.
2. Click on “Begin Creating My Account” and go to fakenamegenerator.com.
3. Enter your first and last name according to Fake Name Generator.
4. Enter a Date of Birth, the year should be 1998.
Important Note: Save your date of birth if you want to change the password of
your EDU email!
5. Uncheck the financial aid check-box and click on Social Security Number.
6. Go to Fake Name Generator, you should see an SSN, copy it.
- Go to ssnregistry.org/validate and enter your SSN, replace the last four digits
in random numbers.
641-52-XXXX → 641-52-4775
8. If the SSN is valid enter it in CCCApply and click “Continue”.
B. Contact Information
- Enter your email address.
- On the Telephone section, make sure the boxes are un-checked and skip the step.
- For an address, I recommend using this hotel in San Francisco.
- Click “Continue”.
C. Security and Credentials
- Username: I recommend using the first and last name of your fake profile in
Fake Name Generator.
- Password: Any password that you want.
- PIN: Random 4 digit number that you’ll remember.
- Security Questions: Choose random answers.
- Click “Continue” and then “Continue”.
Step 2: Application
A. Enrollment Application & Account and Mailing Information
- Click on “Start Application”.
- On “Term Applying For” choose the first option, On “Educational Goal”
- click the first option.
- On “Intended Major or Program of Study” “choose Art History (AA)”.
- Click “Continue” (Example).
- Click on the check-box near “My mailing address is the same as the Permanent Address in my OpenCCC Account above” (Example).
B. Personal Information
- On “Gender”, choose the gender that you want (by the name of the account, if
the name in the account is Lynda so the gender should be female).
- For the other information follow the example.
- On the first input choose the first option.
- In “High School Education” choose the first option and choose a random date in 2018. Choose “Yes” in the other options like in the example.
- In “Last High School Attended” choose California in “State” and type “San Francisco” in the input. Choose a random high school from the list.
- For the other options follow the example.
- On “Citizenship Status” choose the first option
- On “Military Status” choose the first option.
The instructions on this one are very simple, the first one should be “Yes” and
others should be ”No”.
F. Needs and Interests
On this one, you can just follow the example below.
G. Final Steps
- On “Supplemental Questions” you can just click continue and skip, you can just leave it blank.
- On “Consent” just click “I consent”.
- On “Review Application” just scroll down and click “I have reviewed the application and confirm it is complete and accurate”.
- On “Submission”, check the boxes and click on “Submit My Application”.
- You will be forwarded to the confirmation page, click on “Continue”.
- You can leave the survey blank and click on “Submit Survey”.
Congratulations! Your email is on its way.
Step 3: Getting Your Email
You’ve passed the hard part and your email is on its way! Your first email should be a confirmation for OpenCCC, you can ignore this one. You’ll need to wait up to 1 hour or more, usually, it takes 10 minutes or less, sometimes instantly. The email that you’ll get will be called “Admissions and Records” and it will contain the information for your EDU email!
A. The Email
Instructions for logging in:
Your email address should be like this : [email protected]
The username is your web user login (in the screenshot it’s 1). The email address from the screenshot is [email protected] To log in go to www.gmail.com and enter the email address, you’ll be forwarded to a login page, enter your username and password in the login page.