Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G- Full Phone Specifications, Reviews and Price in India
What about the Galaxy Z Flip 2?
While Samsung hasn’t said so officially, it’s clear the phone maker decided to call this new device the Galaxy Z Flip 5G because it’s essentially the same phone as the one that it introduced in the spring time, as we’ll see below when we discuss specs. But could Samsung be developing a true sequel to the Galaxy Z Flip?
Almost certainly. And while Samsung hasn’t been shy about introducing new versions of products quickly — the Galaxy Watch Active 2 came out just six months after its predecessor — we wouldn’t expect big changes to the Galaxy Z Flip lineup until next spring at the earliest. That’s when we could see a Galaxy Z Flip 2 with a new processor, different camera specs, and possibly even a modified design (though the basic flip phone model seems to be working for Samsung).
Galaxy Z Flip 5G: What’s new
The main change to the Galaxy Z Flip 5G is right there in the title — 5G connectivity. But there are other changes as well you should know about.
pic.twitter.com/vdHgDADPUuJuly 10, 2022
The 5G connectivity comes courtesy of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865 Plus, a new processor introduced this summer. The Galaxy Z Flip 5G is among the first phones to feature this new chipset — it’s also in gaming devices like the ROG 3 and Lenovo Legion Phone Duel — which is an upgrade over the Snapdragon 855 Plus in the original Z Flip.
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G comes in two new colors: Mystic Bronze (which was first tipped in the teaser video above) and Mystic Gray. Previous versions of the phone came in Mirror Black, Mirror Purple and Mirror Gold.
The other big changes in the Galaxy Z Flip 5G involve improvements to the Flex mode and multitasking capabilities of the foldable phone. In Flex mode, you can split the screen in half to perform different tasks — using the top half of the Z Flip as a viewfinder for the Camera app, say, and the bottom half for controls. On the Z Flip 5G, you can reverse which side of the split display handles which task.
Galaxy Z Flip: Features and Specifications
- Screen: 6.7 inches (Dynamic OLED) with folding glass (UTG) + 1.1 inches (Super AMOLED) covered with Gorilla Glass 6.
- Resolution: 2,636×1,080 pixels + 300×116 pixels.
- Processor: Eight-core Snapdragon 855 Plus (Snapdragon 855+) with a maximum speed of 2.95GHZ.
- RAM: 8GB.
- Storage: 256GB.
- MicroSD: No.
- Operating system: Android 10 (One UI).
- Main cameras: 12 megapixels (f / 1.8) + 12 megapixel wide angle (f / 2.2).
- Front camera: 10 megapixels.
- Battery: 3,300mAh.
- Wireless letter: Yes
- Reversible wireless charging: Yes
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, Wi-Fi 6 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), NFC.
- Closed size: 73.6×87.4×17.3mm.
- Open size: 73.6×167.3×7.2mm.
- Weight: 183 grams.
- Colors: Black, purple and gold.